Learn to combine stripes in the best way. The mixture of prints is something that many fear because they do not consider that it fits into the established dress codes. However, combining two types of patterns today is very common. And we see more and more how women risk wearing this style.
One of the most common patterns in fashion is stripes. It can be used at any time and season of the year, just with the right colors and styles.
And today, we see this type of fabric with plain colors and other types of print. If you like the idea of wearing stripes with other patterns but don’t dare to take the step, keep reading. So, you can learn how to wear striped prints like a professional.
Look first for balance
To wear the stripes, it is necessary to take into account certain aspects, like:
In case being shot
- Take into account your height. Since if you are short, the most appropriate thing is to wear vertical stripes to give a sensation of elongating the figure. And in the case of horizontal stripes, they should be medium or thin.
- Wear it in layering, as a background garment with others on top. It will also look good if you do not want this to be the protagonist of the look
- Another option is to wear stripes with mini skirts or shorts also to lengthen the figure.
Curvy Body Types
- For this body type, the ideal is to wear medium striped prints to avoid visually adding more volume to the figure.
- Another great option is to use vertical stripes for styling. Or a combination of vertical stripes on the torso and horizontal stripes on the bust for balance.
- It is also suitable to wear maxi dresses or midis that hug the figure and highlight the curves in the best way.
How to wear stripes
The style and taste is the decision point for wearing this print type. It is not necessary to go all stripes. You can also wear them with plain garments, bright colors, and other prints. But when in doubt, we will tell you how you can wear this type of fabric:
- Dressed in shirts or jackets, since any of the garments can be striped.
- Striped shirt with solid color pants.
- The colorful trend is back, so multicolored striped shirts are very common, which goes perfectly with solid and bright colors.
- Stripes with Vichy checks.
- And a classic is the stripes with flowers.
Combination trends with stripes
Striped shirt & polka dot skirt
Both are classic prints, which are very elegant and chic individually.
So, by selecting the right size for each one, you will get an extraordinary and charming combination to wear.
As well as being on trend and making you look sophisticated.
Striped top & floral print pants
Nothing is more elegant and sophisticated than a striped halter neck top, which should also be a basic that we all must have in our wardrobe.
And what better way to wear it than palazzo-style pants with flowers, either combined or in print.
A combination to consider for more mix is the colors red and white.
Midi skirt & tartan check
Stripes and checks can be worn perfectly in harmony and hand in hand.
That’s why a striped midi skirt and a tartan print jacket will make you look super modern and sophisticated.
Always keep in mind the proportion, and the colors you choose in each one to achieve a good balance in this spectacular combination.
Layering & plain colors
Layering is a way of wearing clothes with a lot of style.
So, choosing this trend to mix a striped pattern that can go to the bottom as the first garment is ideal.
Wearing the rest in plain colors but trying to keep coherence between each garment and colors to wear.
Stripe print & other print
As we have already indicated, the combination of prints can coexist about only when wearing over print,
It must be taken into account that both garments have a color in common that makes a bridge between one area and another or between one garment and another. To do this, look for the dominant color and identify it in the garment you want to wear to match.
Stripes & Flowers
Although it may seem difficult, this combination is one of the most common. Still, as we already mentioned, a dominant color must be sought since it is a double print. And that is the base for the combination. In addition to ensuring the size of each print and avoiding that both are large.
As you can see, wearing stripes is easier and more common to combine than you thought. Always add your touch of style and personality to each combination you make.