Learn how to care for and maintain your lashes. The eyes are the window of the soul and the favorite place to highlight our gaze through makeup. An essential complement to the eyes is the eyelashes. Not only because they highlight this area but also because they serve as a protective shield. Preventing the entry of particles that affect vision.
Therefore, they are not just an ornament but an addition that provides eye health. So, we must give them the necessary care and attention to keep them strong and beautiful.
Frequently resorting to false eyelashes, manual curlers, and through chemical processes, as well as oils and other products to stimulate growth, can seriously compromise the eyes’ health. And, at the same time, damage the appearance of the hair in that area they find each other.
Steps for proper eyelash cleaning
Maintaining daily care is essential so that our eyelashes always look healthy, so the following must be taken into account:
- Use a microfiber towel or compact cotton pads to dry when washing.
- Cleanse the eye area with a special oil-free eye cleanser, and always remove makeup before bed.
- Avoid stretching your eyelashes when applying makeup and removing makeup.
- Do not use products with a greasy consistency that can block the tear duct, among others, and cause eye infections.
- Try to use cold or warm water when cleaning.
- If you wear eyelash extensions, avoid using oily products that can influence the glue and separate the false from the natural ones.
- Use a moisturizing eyelash serum after cleansing.
Eyelashes with the correct hygiene translate into healthy and strong ones.
How to stimulate eyelash growth?
There are currently various products on the market created especially to stimulate the growth, appearance, density, and length of the eyelashes in a healthy way.
And without applying oils that are not suitable for this area and, on the contrary, can cause significant damage to the eyes.
Mistakes that lead to losing lashes
Excessive rubbing of the eyelashes, and abrupt removal of makeup, are factors that lead to the loss of these every time we carry out these actions. Therefore, avoid falling into these items to take care of the amount of eyelashes you have.
Avoid using mascaras that contain ingredients that damage lashes
Ingredients such as ethanol are harmful to the health of our eyelashes. Since they tend to dry out and make them brittle, thus facilitating their fall. Therefore, choose masks free of parabens and phthalates that also harm their health.
Take care of your eyelashes from infections
The eyes are very delicate and susceptible to infections through our hands, external contaminating agents, and products we may use.
To avoid exposing our eyes to risky situations, we give you the following recommendations:
- Avoid sharing your makeup products and the implements intended for makeup. As they could bring bacteria and infections to your face and eyes from those who use them. Things such as acne, herpes, stye, and conjunctivitis, among others.
- Check the pH of the products you buy and that they are hypoallergenic, especially if it is eye makeup.
- If you have an infection such as a stye, herpes, or conjunctivitis, and you use makeup products, it is recommended to discard them because the virus is usually impregnated in the ones you used. It will become a recurring problem if you continue using them.
- Whenever you wear makeup, remove it before bed. And in the case of eyelashes that contain mascara or much more. Since it usually hardens and the pieces fall into the eye, which can cause an allergy or infection.
Recommendations for the care of your eyelashes
A diet that includes a consumption of olives, asparagus, rice, pumpkins, beer, and oats, which contain silicon, will help the health of your eyelashes and can even make them longer.
Stress control is also vital. Since this chain that carries the effects of stress also suppresses appetite, causing hair loss and, consequently, eyelashes.
Control the use of products
Avoid using, if possible, curling irons and chemical products to extend their length. Since over time, the hair weakens, causing them to fall out.
As with skin and hair, if you are going to be exposed to the sun for a long time, use a moisturizing mask to prevent the sun from burning it.
A technique that will help you keep your eyelashes combed and in good health is using a special brush for eyebrows and eyelashes or a mascara brush that you no longer use, very clean, and you can apply Vaseline, castor, or almond oil or moisturizer with the same.
Remove makeup before bed
We will never get tired of making this recommendation since it benefits the skin and the eyes.
By removing make-up, you remove the residues and contaminants from all day on the street.
And you prevent pores and tear ducts from becoming clogged when sleeping.
Select quality makeup
The quality of the makeup we buy not only influences the appearance and result of our face after applying it but also the health of our skin and eyes.
Put the curling iron to good use
It is not a question of condemning this article, but rather that its use is moderate. Since, in excess, it will cause weakness in the hair of the eyelashes, causing them to fall.
Taking care of our eyelashes and eyes is not a difficult task. You must have perseverance and determination to keep them healthy, strong, and beautiful.