Learn about microblading and how it is different from other treatments. Currently, various aesthetic treatments improve some areas of our body and face. Those aimed at enhancing the eyebrows is among the most popular today.
Applying henna, eyeliner, and eyeshadow are some of the techniques we most frequently use to define the eyebrows better.
However, other types of treatments or procedures go beyond a few simple brushstrokes. Among them is micro-blading, a non-invasive treatment and one of the most requested at the moment. All because it is responsible for perfecting the shape of the eyebrows, as well as their volume and length, and thickness. Helping the face to have the proper symmetry and make it look more natural.
The latter is one of the objectives of this work that the face and eyebrows look as natural as possible. And that, in addition, rejuvenates the appearance in general. Plus, the fact that it does not modify the bow makes it look like you had been born that way.
What is microblading?
Microblading is a type of aesthetic treatment applied to the eyebrows, which lasts a maximum of a year and a half, through which a semi-permanent tattoo is made on the hair in this area (the eyebrows). And It consists of injecting color into the most superficial layer, hair by hair, and thus achieve a natural finish.
Whoever carries out this type of work previously performs an eyebrow design to be able to complete the tattoo according to their natural shape. Also, respecting the shape of the face and also achieving a result of a younger look and with a more precise finish on the top of the eyes.
Origin of microblading
Microblading originates in a traditional Japanese tattoo technique called tebori. It is about using very fine needles to pigment the most superficial layer of the epidermis. Since this dates back more than 30 years, we can affirm that microblading is not a new treatment, even if you think otherwise.
Who should get microblading?
For those with very fine eyebrows or with not enough definition or hair, among others.
Microblading represents the perfect treatment to correct the imperfections that these have.
And, best of all, because it is a technique that applies the ink hair by hair, the result is very natural.
In the end, what is sought is that the eyebrows look abundant, with volume and a defined shape.
Microblading application step by step
- First, it is essential to remember that it is a treatment that must get done in a specialized place. And, of course, with people trained for this purpose.
- To select the best possible place, research and review their previous work. And if you have a way to ask other people for references, much better, nothing like a firsthand recommendation.
- Your eyebrows are the frame of your face, which is one of its most striking areas. So do not skimp on details and avoid going to a place with more competitive costs. Remember that cheap is expensive.
- Now, the first step is to make an eyebrow design, and so these are by the features of the face. They can enlarge the look and give it that touch of freshness and joviality that is desired.
- Next, whoever is in charge of carrying out this procedure will apply local anesthesia to carry out the work. Since the needles will be in charge of making micro-cuts to be filled with ink, hair by hair.
- Subsequently, the eyebrow area is covered with color to finish defining them.
- Once this process is completed, the excess pigment is removed, and a medical silicone is placed for 24 hours. And later, it is removed, and the result is verified.
Post microblading care
Not only the previous steps are essential, but after the completion of the work, it is also vital to continue with certain care. All to ensure the quality and duration of this procedure, like:
- Avoid touching the eyebrows and applying cosmetic soaps in the area. Just wash them with water.
- Likewise, avoid applying make-up removers or other types of cleaners that are irritating during the first week. So preferably use neutral soaps.
- Likewise, prevent sweat from falling on the eyebrows during the first four days. So, it is better not to carry out any physical activity.
- One of the effects of this treatment is the appearance of a posterior scab, which must fall off by itself and never be intentionally removed.
- Apply the creams or ointments recommended by the specialist for best results.
- If you are exposed to the sun, do not forget to apply sunscreen, especially during the first 15 days.
- In some cases, it is necessary to perform a touch-up four weeks after the initial application to fill areas left without pigment.
Difference between microblading and other treatments
There are other types of treatment that are also responsible for achieving similar results. Which is to pigment the eyebrows to shape them and improve the appearance of the face, these being:
It is a semi-permanent makeup technique in which pigment is applied to the skin with a dermograph that has one or more needles.
But its duration is shorter than that of microblading, and consequently, its price is lower.
It is done with finer and more flexible needles, the result it offers is even more natural than that of microblading. And it does not require subsequent touch-ups, its cost it´s higher.
This type of procedure offers many advantages, both for your face and your budget, since its costs are accessible and its long duration. It is a long-term investment.
Therefore, take these tips into account before applying any of them. Choose wisely the place and the person on whom to put your eyebrows, and enjoy your youthful and renewed face.