More and more aesthetic options arise to enhance the beauty of the face, and among these, those of the eyes in particular. From brow tint, bring your own perms, and false eyelashes, there’s a whole range of options to choose from.
But there is a particular treatment aimed at lengthening the eyelashes more naturally and also more accessible than placing extensions. It is about eyelash lifting, and if you do not know this technique, keep reading because it may be your new favorite treatment.
What is a lash lift?
Eyelash lifting is a treatment consisting of the application of a chemical that will be in charge of helping the hair of the eyelashes to curve from the root, thanks to the disulfide bridges of the hair are opened and change its undulation. Consequently, the length of these extends to its maximum potential.
This technique represents a slightly more natural and accessible alternative to eyelash extensions.
Despite being a simple procedure, it must be performed by an expert or professional in the area. It is painless, fast, and non-aggressive.
- The first step is to clean the eyelash area very well and thus remove any type of residue. After cleaning, the silicone molds are selected according to the size of the eyelashes.
- We proceed to paste (with special glue) the silicone mold on the upper eyelid, well attached to the root of the eyelashes.
- Next, a fixative gel is applied, hair by hair, trying to separate one from the other on the mold, leaving each hair of the upper eyelashes adhered to the silicone.
- The product is allowed to act for a few minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, the product is removed, and a neutralizing gel is applied, which also requires it to act, and then removed.
- In case additional tint is going to be applied to the eyelashes, it must be done in this step, which will also be allowed to act and then cleaned with cotton.
- As the last step, proceed to take off the silicone from the upper eyelid and gently comb it with a brush like the one used to apply mascara.
Aftercare after the application of the lash lift
The first 24 hours after the application of the chemical are crucial in order not to damage it. Therefore, you should not:
- Wet the lashes during this period.
- After 24 hours, it is now possible to wash your face as usual and apply your everyday mascara.
The eyelash lifting is performed by applying a chemical product, which can cause allergy or eye irritation.
For this reason, it is necessary, if you are prone to allergies, that you carry out a skin test beforehand because, although these products should not touch the eyelid, the hair absorbs the products penetrating to the core of it, making contact with the skin and producing these reactions.
If you suffer from any eye disease, applying eyelash lifting is not recommended either by virtue of what we explained above concerning the chemical used and its contact with the eyes.
- It is a treatment that ensures a perfect look for a long time.
- It can be touched up after six weeks without waiting a long time between applications.
- It does not damage the hair of the eyelashes. It only modifies their structure, making them look more curved and longer.
- Nourishes and strengthens the lashes, helping them to increase their thickness.
Eyelash lifting, the ideal technique
- As we have already explained, eyelash lifting is presented as an alternative to the application of extensions. Although more expensive, the procedure takes much longer and can also weaken your natural hair.
- The final result is much more natural, with a striking extension of the eyelashes.
- The discomfort of having to sleep with great care in case of having eyelash extensions and that they wake up on the pillow the next day is avoided.
- It is not necessary to apply mascara since the curvature and extension of the same are enough to make you notice.
- You can carry out your daily activities without taking extra care of your eyelashes.
- Its duration is approximately 6 weeks, so it is considered to be a long period of time.
- It is not an aggressive treatment, nor does it require subsequent care.
- It is ideal for when you want to give your lashes a break after having extensions or if you simply want a change of look.
As you can see, the lash lift is a less drastic and even more lasting alternative than the application of falsies that can even cause you discomfort and involve a larger investment. So, this option is ideal if you want a visible change without being the same extreme. You want to take care of your economy too.